With the latter half of my season schedule essentially set in stone thanks to the Pan American Games in late July and then the World Championships about a month later, the earlier portion of my competition schedule is something that has to get hashed out between my agent and various meet directors. She’s been hard at work for some time now in an attempt to provide me some top notch competition opportunities and now that I’ve got a few meet confirmations coming in my schedule is starting to take shape.
After a very brief, rust-busting “domestic season” which consists of the UTEP Spring Invitational (already contested) and the Mt. Sac Relays (April 18th) it’ll then be full speed ahead and here’s what I’ve got so far:
- May 10 – Seiko Golden Grand Prix (Kawasaki, Japan)
- May 23 – Ponce Grand Prix IAAF World Challenge (Ponce, Puerto Rico)
- June 7 – Birmingham Diamond League (Birmingham, United Kingdom)
- June 27 – Bahamas National and Open Championships (Nassau, Bahamas)
- Early July – TBD
- July 21 – 25 – Pan American Games (Toronto, Canada)
- August 22 – 30 – IAAF World Outdoor Championships (Beijing, China)
- Early September – TBD
Training has been going very well, particularly now that the weather is improving and we’re able to get in some high quality jump work, so I’m excited about heading back to Mt. Sac yet again which is really one of my favorite places to jump and I’m ready to get the ball rolling on 2015!